Monday, January 25, 2010

This weeks comic.



This is old. I am not sure how old. Yeah, that old. My friend Joel rescued it from it's seemingly inexorable journey from the table to the busboy's bus tub, to the trash. Some random sketch made at a restaurant, more than likely to make Joel laugh. I'd say...1997? Wow.

The weird face thing in the background is due to my, at the time, recent discovery of the work of Francis Bacon.

As you can see, my tendency to 'head for the hills' when looking for comedy was well in place back then. I don't know what caused it. I suspect that watching 'Hee-Haw' on a regular basis as a young child has some small part to do with it. And my obsession, around the same age, with 'The Dukes of Hazzard'.

Is that a bit of proto-Burt and Randy?

More archeology next week. I'll post some of the early 'strips'. Working on a rather lengthy piece right now that has remained unfinished for several years. Taking my time to be careful. Not sure how I want to finish it.

No comments: